Friday, September 17, 2010

Gluten Goodies

Here is my list of foods to enjoy before I eliminate them forever. Every few days, I'm trying to go enjoy something new. I'm looking for ideas! If you think there's something else I should add, please post a comment.


Garlic bread
Soft pretzel 
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Stuffing (Thanksgiving style)
Matzo ball soup
A really good bagel
Italian Sub

Pizza Bianco (supposed to be some of the best pizza in the country, right here in the Phoenix area)
Baked ziti
Little Debbie chocolate roll cakes (not sure what they're called)
Biscuits
Oreos
Nutter Butters
Root beer float (the caramel coloring is supposed to be gluten-iffy)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shayna-- Mark just sent me this. I was diagnosed while at NIH. Let me know if you have any questions on the gluten free diet, or where to get the best substitute foods when you start. (Lots of orthodox jews won't eat matzo meal because it contains wheat, there are some pretty good mixes for matzo type balls made out of potato). I've also found plenty of good pizza and even some good bagels... but yes, eat the real things when you can. Two of the things I really miss that I haven't found a good gf version of are cinnamon rolls and cheeze-its. Hope you're doing well... it'll get easier soon!

    ReplyDelete