Sunday, October 3, 2010

Days 10, 11, 12

Tue, Wed and Thur 9/21-23


I continued to experiment with keeping my gluten levels to a moderate level, and knock on wood am feeling a lot better! I realized that I was always aware of where food was in my digestive system because everything was probably irritated. Suddenly it feels like a luxury not to be aware of whether my stomach is still digesting. Anyway, to avoid the gory details, I'll leave it at that. It's given me just enough of preview of what life can be like ahead of me. And that's really renewed my motivation. 


My primary source of gluten this week has been soy sauce. I've been eating lots of variations of stir fry, pad thai, and other noodle or rice-based foods. I'm also continuing to enjoy my favorite wheat-filled candies like Twizzlers and Milky Ways. Not bad, considering I was eating with fear just a few days ago!


I've been busy with school and work, and it's been strangely nice to be able to spend long days doing work without an interruption of severe digestive distress. I think I might be a much more productive person with just a little less gluten! So it's pretty clear to me I must have a sensitivity to gluten, even if somehow it's not celiac. It's pretty amazing to suddenly know what's causing a chronic issue. Now I just need to move on with my diagnosis and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment